- your name, date of birth, gender, postal address, telephone number, email address, passport details, medical information and travel insurance details (where applicable);
- details of the products and services you have purchased from us or which you have enquired about, together with any additional information necessary to deliver those products and services and to respond to your enquiries; and
- any additional information relating to you that you or a third party has provided to us directly or indirectly through our travellers’ or agents’ phone enquiry lines, website, online presence, customer surveys.
Information that we collect (such as about your health) may be considered “sensitive information” under the Privacy Act. We collect it to provide you with our services, cater to your needs or act in your interest, and we are only prepared to accept sensitive information on the condition that we have your consent.
If you visit our website, we may also collect information that is not personal information to improve the experience for our customers. This information may include the pages you visit, your IP address, browser type and the date and time of your visit. We cannot identify you individually from this information. Some of this information is collected using cookies.
You may volunteer this information when you request information from us, contact us (and vice versa), make a booking, register interest for and/or enter a competition, subscribe to one of our newsletters, use our website, link to or from our website, connect with us via social media, by speaking to you directly, or any other engagement we or our business partners have with you.
We may also receive the information from a third party, for example:
- from people making travel bookings on your behalf;
- from market research and data companies contracted by us to obtain information so that we may improve and market our products and services;
- from partners both local and overseas performing services on our behalf; and
- your insurer, their agents or medical staff may disclose relevant information and sensitive personal information with us in circumstances where we/they need to act on your behalf or in the interest of passengers or in an emergency.
We will update your information whenever we can to keep it current, accurate and complete.
You represent and warrant to us that you have obtained all required consents and are fully authorized to disclose all personal information you provide to us including without limitation, personal information of your friends and family members provided in connection with making travel bookings.
We collect personal information about you so that we can perform our business activities and functions and to provide the best possible quality of customer service.
We may collect, hold, use and disclose your information for the following purposes:
- administering services we are providing to you such as arranging your tour booking
- some countries will only permit travel if you provide your advance passenger data. These requirements may differ depending upon your destination and you are advised to check. Even if not mandatory, we may exercise our discretion to assist where appropriate
- manage our relationship with you, including updates about your tour booking and handling complaints
to contact you in the event of an emergency
- combining information collected from you at different times for the purpose of research and analysis to provide better customer experience, including customizing online content for you
- to contact you to seek your interest in taking part in research projects, such as surveys and interviews, to assist us in providing better services and to enhance your customer experience, including your website experience
- to identify and tell you about services we think you may be interested in, including sending email newsletters or sending printed materials to your postal address
- providing relevant information, which may include sensitive personal information, to insurers, their agents and medical staff in circumstances where we/they need to act on your behalf or in the interest of passengers or in an emergency.
- to make improvements to our site(s) and make it easier to find the information you are looking for
- for identification of fraud or error or for regulatory reporting and compliance
When you provide your email address to Solo Kiwi Ventures to make an online booking, your contact details may be retained even if the transaction is not completed. These details are captured using a secure service. This is so we can assist you in the future with online bookings, and as a result of this, you may receive a follow-up inquiry email. This email will contain information on what action, if any, you can choose that will direct us to cease any further contact with you or destroy the personal information we have collected about you.
We are only permitted to store your personal information for 24 months, having regard to the purposes for which it was collected or a related or ancillary purpose. We may, therefore, delete your personal information after a reasonable period of time and, if you have not used our services for some time, you may have to re-enter or re-supply your personal information to us.
We may disclose your personal information as follows:
- We may share your personal information with our related overseas entities for the purposes of providing products or services to you, research and marketing purposes.
- We may disclose your personal information to our employees, contractors or third-party service providers located in New Zealand and overseas for the purposes of the operation of our website or our business, fulfilling requests by you, managing your bookings, responding to your enquiries and to otherwise provide products and services to you, including, without limitation, to airlines, tour companies, travel agencies, our trusted affiliates and advertisers.
- We may share information with third parties in limited circumstances without your consent where we reasonably believe the disclosure is necessary to lessen or prevent a threat to life, health or safety, or for certain action to be undertaken by an enforcement body (e.g. prevention, detection, investigation, prosecution or punishment of criminal offenses), where disclosure is authorised or required by law or disclosure is otherwise permitted by applicable privacy laws.
- In order for you to travel overseas, we may disclose your personal information where disclosure is required by government authorities at the point(s) of departure and/or destination to process your information for immigration, border control, security, and anti-terrorism purposes.
You can enquire about the personal information we hold about you by using the contact details below. We will need to verify your identity before disclosing personal information. You can ask us to update any inaccurate, incomplete or out-of-date information we hold about you using the contact details below. There is no fee to make an inquiry or request in relation to your information, or for us to add to, correct or update our records.
There may be instances where we cannot grant you access to the personal information we hold. For example, we may need to refuse access if granting access would interfere with the privacy of others or if it would result in a breach of confidentiality. If that happens, we will give you written reasons for any refusal.
We may from time to time use your personal information to identify new or existing products that we believe may be of interest to you. We may communicate this via email, phone or your postal address. If you no longer wish to receive these updates via email, you may opt-out by clicking the unsubscribe link contained in the message. You can contact us using the contact details below to opt-out of receiving phone and postal updates. You can opt-in in the future if you wish to receive these updates again.
We comply with the Spam Act 2003 and do not share, sell or rent information to any third parties for the purposes of direct marketing.
By using our website, you agree to us using cookies as set out in this statement.
- Storing what’s in your shopping basket: This allows you to book trips with us.
- Collecting information: This means we can learn more about how you use our website so we can improve our products and online experience.
- Tailoring your experience: Cookies allow us to provide you with information, products, and services that we think you’ll find interesting.
- Making our marketing relevant: We can show you relevant offers and promotions on our own websites and through our advertising networks.
- Make it possible for you to use our website
- Show you information and offers that are relevant to you
- Find out more about how our customers use the site
Your recent searches and shortlisted holidays are recorded using cookies. If you’ve made a shortlist but you haven’t saved it by entering your email address, we’ll store your shortlisted holidays using a cookie, so you’ll be able to see it when you visit us again using the same computer or device.
Credit card security
- All online payments are transmitted over a secure socket layer (SSL) connection.
- Credit card information is transmitted immediately to a payment gateway solution via an encrypted port.
- Solo Kiwi Ventures does not store your credit card number in any of our systems, it is used only within the context of the transaction then destroyed upon receipt from an acquiring bank.
- All credit card payments receive an identification number that is proof of the transaction’s acceptance into the banking system. This identification number can be used to trace any transaction back to the credit card issuer (for example, the bank that issued the MasterCard, or VISA credit card).
- Personal information is destroyed or de-identified when no longer needed.
Whilst we take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is secure, as the internet is inherently insecure, any personal information or other information you transmit to us online is transmitted at your own risk.
You can contact our Privacy Officer by contacting us at email@example.com